Thursday, October 13, 2005

#%$@&^$# my college degree!!!

Went around Cavite yesterday with a Van Salesman of a top tobacco company. As we were going from one outlet to another, it wasn't new to see people dressed poorly managing outlets getting a volume of about 30 boxes a week, that's a clean 330,000 in a weekly transaction. He laments about not finishing college and wish he could've finished his accounting course at PUP.

I, on the other hand, was thinking why I got a college degree in the first place!!! I'm even thinking of how hard it is to be in the rat race. Waking up early in the morning, dragging my ass to work, and going home at 9 in the evening...

For some wierd reason, I've been contemplating on why I treasure having a college degree in the first place. It doesn't guarantee much except for a not so better off job than anyone without a college degree. It still depends on me or anyone for that matter. Is it luck? or the mere patience and persistence to work continuously for years. I'm on my 10th month in my (more or less) 10th employer in 10 years of working life....I hope I last...I'm starting to get this itchy feeling that I want to move on....again.

My barkada say I'm lucky coz somehow whenever I leave a company, I always manage to find another who would hire me...

Probably the reason why I keep on moving is because of what I want...call it materialistic or anything else but my parents got their house before they were even married...mom was 27, her husband was 29....I'm fucking 30 years old in less than 2 months. it's pathetic!!!

I was told that it will all fall into place...I hope so, but when???

Kapuy na ako :-(

5 comments:

damien to tobit said...

Yes... its a question of when... when...

damien to tobit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
tikbalang said...

pare, comment on this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6100244/newsweek/

MrsPartyGirl said...

kilala ba kita? :D (hopped from the divine miss m's site)

dont worry friend, its just a matter of finding THE right one. for some, dumadating kaagad, for others hindi kaagad. persistence lang siguro talaga, plus konting pa-pogi, hehe.

LotusTorch said...

Another way of looking at it, without your college degree or probably where you got your degree do you think you would have been able to find one job after the other? The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence because what seeing is the finished product but not how that grass was grown.